You are now entering the last stage of your homework assignment. Please refer to this list in order to ensure that your building and project directory are in order for the final grading:
- Make sure there are no cracks or seems in your building’s geometry.
- Make sure there are no stretched UV’s (shows up as a stretched texture on the model).
- Make sure your project directory is in order and that only textures are found in the source images folder and nothing else.
- Make sure that you include the full shader network (color/diffuse, normal, spec) for each element of your building.
- Make sure that any faces that are not necessary (ones that are on the bottom of the building or hidden inside the building) are removed.
- If you have meshes that you are merging together, make sure you also merge the verticies as well.
- Delete any meshes that you have lying around that are not related to your building.
- Check for flickering faces and if they exist, correct them.
- Check to make sure you can’t find the seems in your tile-able textures. Correct as necessary.
- If your building has stone or brick, make sure the grout lines match continuously around the building without breaking. This is a small, but very important detail. Snap UV’s in the UV texture editor to correct this.
- If you are using a 0-1 single UV set for one object, make sure the UV space is used to the fullest extent with very little white space around the UV parts.
If you owe past blog posts, make sure they are put up online before the end of the time today (listed below).
All of the above is due Friday July 16th, 2010 by 5pm today.
Because of the time it would take everyone to bake it out occlusion maps, this will not be included on the final list. After the class is over you are welcome to bake everything out to make it a final complete building.