A gift to me? Why thank you!
- Take a cube and UV unwrap it with your own UV’s in the UV Texture Editor. Align them in such a way that you can easily paint straight vertical and horizontal ribbon lines on the surface.
- UV Snapshot and insert into photoshop as a targa.
- Paint one solid color for the base and a different color for the ribbon.
- Save out from photoshop and assemble as a new shader in Maya and attach it to your cube.
- Bonus points for doing a bow or other nice thing on top.
Things to watch out for:
- Proper use of project directory, ie, making sure to place the appropriate textures and UV snapshots in the appropriate folders
- Appropriate file types, ie, targa.
- Non-stretched UVs
Due beginning of class on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010. Take various screenshots of the top and bottom of your cube and post on your blog.